Social Security

After you get your work permit or green card, you should go to the Social Security Administration to get a social security card.


If you have been working with a different social security number, you can bring your W-2s and pay stubs if you would like to transfer your credits.

To find the nearest Social Security Administration office, click here and enter your Zip Code: Locate Social Security Offices