Entrepreneurs and Investors

There are several programs that allow entrepreneurs and investors to gain either temporary or permanent status in the United States.


Our firm works closely with entrepreneurs and investors to decide the best immigration options and to put together a strong application to present to the Immigration Service or the consulate.

Some non-immigrant options for entrepreneurs and investors include:

  • B-1: A visa that allows you to come the U.S. to lay the groundwork for your new business.
  • F-1/OPT: Students who graduate from U.S. universities can receive Optional Practical Training and use this time to start a business.
  • H-1B: While this visa can be complicated to use for entrepreneurs, it is possible to receive this visa if you will work for the company that you start in the U.S. under certain circumstances.
  • O-1A: You can come to the U.S. to start a business if you are among the very top individuals in your field.
  • E-2: If you intend to invest a substantial amount of money in a business and your country has a special treaty with the U.S., you can receive this type of visa.
  • L-1: If your company exists in your home country and in the United States, you can be transferred to the U.S. if you work in certain positions.

An immigrant option that currently exists is the EB-5 program.  You must invest $500,000 or $1,000,000 and meet several other requirements in order to receive a green card.

There are also several proposals to benefit entrepreneurs and investors currently being studied by the United States government.  You can keep abreast ongoing efforts to pass Immigration Reform through our blog.

If you are interested in discussing your options as an investor or entrepreneur, please contact our office for a consultation.